YES! We Are Open!
Welcome to Roanoke Pediatric Dentistry.
We will be open treating all patients starting on Wednesday, May 11! We have our team members here answering your calls to schedule an appointment or reschedule as needed. We're excited to be back, but we ask you to please read this letter which details the steps we are taking, and need our patients to help with, for a safe and healthy visit. Thanks so much!! - Dr. Sheppard
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health.
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and as we look toward resuming your dental visits, we want to update you on what to expect at your visit for the current time, until restrictions lift. Our top commitment is the safety of our patients, families, and team.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
To help with the efficiency and safety of your child's appointment, please observe the following recommendations from the Virginia Dental Association and American Dental Association:
- Please stay home and cancel your child’s appointment if anyone in the house has a fever, flu-like symptoms, GI symptoms, a loss of taste or smell, or has been around anyone with COVID-19. We are required to have you sign a screening form when you arrive. The pen and sheet or pad will be disinfected between patients.
- Please use the restroom and have your child use the restroom before coming to the office. We have a bathroom available if you need it, and it will be disinfected between uses.
- When you arrive, please call us at 540-563-1660 to let us know you have arrived.
- Per the ADA and VDA rules, only children with a scheduled appointment and one parent are allowed in the office (this is not our rule as we typically like to welcome everyone, but for now this is necessary).
- Parents and older children are encouraged to wear a face covering cloth or mask if possible. A mask or cloth mask worn by parents is required for parents to enter the office.
What you can expect from us:
- We will ask you to take your temperature and the patient’s temperature prior to arrival and ask the screening questions, and then accompany you to your treatment room. A recorded temperature below 100.4 F is required for entrance to the office.
- We will provide hand sanitizer as you enter.
- We will thoroughly disinfect all treatment areas, and observe social distancing rules.
- We will wear appropriate OSHA recommended masks to limit the chance of the spread of disease.
- We will use high volume suction that we always use during our appointments to minimize aerosols.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make or reschedule an appointment, please call our office at 540-563-1660.Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Sincerely, Dr.Sheppard and Team at Roanoke Pediatric Dentistry
Our goal is to provide exceptional dental care for infants, children, adolescents and children with special healthcare needs. We are committed to leading our profession in the special oral health care interests of children and being the primary oral health care provider for the pediatric and adolescent population in the Southwest Virginia. As pediatric dentists, our 2-3 years of additional training after dental school has prepared us for the unique dental needs of each child we serve. We focus on preventive care to help each child grow a healthy smile that will last a lifetime. We are certified Pediatric Dental Specialist by the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry.